That moment you realize you’d be okay if the person you’re dating wanted to make this a 60 year plus thing
Realizing that it takes less for me to be happy… Not sure if that’s growth or budgeting.
Things that are currently making me happy:
- nice weather
- cherry blossom / dogwood trees
- extra day off
- homemade food from grandma
- semi clean apt and clean clothes… Expect for that one load that wouldn’t dry completely
- unknown Saturday plans with David. Our work schedules never sync up… His weekend is during the week when I’m working. This Saturday he’s off and is making plans. We could sit outside and do nothing and I’d be happy
- mini project for work. Most days are hell but this project is making it better. Taking my head out of the crap that is my co-worker
- almost crab season!
It’s amazing how much better you feel when you let go of situations and people that aren’t positive… Dwelling is fine but it can’t be life 24/7. Not sure how I got through these past 27 years on this earth but I’m blessed to make it this far. At the end of the day I’m blessed… Need to take more time to dwell on that
You forget how much you’ve had because no one is staring at you judging you for ordering another drink!
So you keep drinking because you are without judgement eyes watching your every sip
8 whiskey sours later I’m pretty buzzed. Yay for the happy buzz!
Letting go is the hardest thing but when you do, God it feels good!
I feel so like myself that I wonder why it took me this long to get here… This place of being secure with who and what you are. To let go of doubt of not being worthy enough and realize that this is my life— I can either dwell or make the most out of it!
Each day I’m surprised by something he says or does… To be with someone you’re equally yoked with (grandma term) does make a difference. We aren’t 100% the same— couldn’t handle a male version of myself— but on the things that matter, the big things, we are alike. We are each other’s biggest cheerleader and worse nightmare :-p and I’m loving every moment!
I’m mad at myself for dating my ex for so long and not walking away sooner… That will be my one regret in life. I wasted 2 years with him. Or more like I spent two years figuring out what I wanted only to realize something better was out there